Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One2One With The National Rifle



On my trip to TWICON 09, I could not wait to see 100 Monkeys live…But what I got was double the listening pleasure. What a surprise their opening act
was…The National Rifle, a Great Indie Rock band, with the best sound I have heard in a long time.

I asked them for an interview, and they were friendly and great, I loved how they involved themselves with the audience. They made everyone feel good!

I told them I loved their music, it was what I call “HAPPY” music…You can’t help but dance and smile and move with it.

I would have to say that 100 Monkeys struck gold when choosing
TNR as an opening act, very much compliments their style as well, seeing them interact during the encore at the Palladium was totally priceless. I have added some photos from the show, as well as some after in them you will see Heather (Our usual Videographer), JJ (Our friend, and who we adopted as our PR/talent scout) Sarah (our photographer) and me of course!

Here are some of their answers to our questions:

O2O: Please introduce the band and tell us a bit about each and their role & personality:

Hugh: Guitar/Beat Vocals- Called Papa- The Organized one

Jeremiah: Bassist/Stripper (Yes, Seemed to constantly take his clothes off! –Girls loved it!)

Lynna-Keyboards/Vocals (I call her the Beauty-The Guys are the Beasts)

Buddy: Drums /Vocals - The Confused One… (He was a lot of fun as well)


O2O:How long have you all played together?

TNR: The National Rifle a Indy Rock Band in their mid-20’s have been together for about 3 yrs, (couple band mates for over 10) and Lynna (pronounced Lenay) joined 7 months ago. She is an amazing part of this band. They are a perfect mesh of talent and personality.

O2O: Tell us how you came up with the name The National Rifle?

Hugh came up with the name of the band. The first two albums are very political in nature - it is all kind of mocking the extreme right wings views/opinions - "The National Rifle" was kind of a symbolic way of mocking it but it is also a name that stands out.

O2O:Who are your musical influences?

Jeremiah: 100 Monkeys of course… (He says after an amazing show…)

Lynna: Beatles, Radiohead..And too many to mention

Buddy: Clash, Beatles

Hugh- Bob Marley, Biggie

O2O: If you could play with any artist who would it be?

TNR: Radiohead /Lou Reed

O2O: Thanks you so much you all have been great! Can’t wait to see you in my
neck of the woods Kansas City. Where are you off to next?

TNR: We are playing L.A. next (The Mint, The Viper Room, & The Scene)with
100 Monkeys and Then off on our own.

O2O: Alright guys Again I wish the best of luck…You are amazing..Can’t wait
to hear and see you again! Thanks for you time.

O2O: Please watch our video clip TNR are so much FUN! If you get to see them
live…Go for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment