Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One2One With 'Jamie Richards'

If you're looking for a real country sound, then I suggest that you definitely check out Jamie Richards' myspace page. Jamie's take on country music is as timeless as the Mississippi River. From the twangy voice with the natural southern drawl, to the haunting sound of steel guitar and the sassy little bass licks, Richards shares his love for life through music. His songs captures human emotion, with a pure, rich inviting sound.

One must admire his perseverance in keeping country music in it's purist form alive and kicking. His music isn't country rap, country rock or any country mixed. He refuses to compromise on his music. It's country plain and simple, although his lyrics and songs are anything but plain and simple.

Keeping it real has led him to find a secure place in the music industry when the legendary record label in Texas - 'D Records'- was reactivated by Wes Daily in 2000. Daily and Richards got together and produced Jamie's debut album "No Regrets" No Regrets produced 2 Texas Music Chart top 10 singles. He's had more top 10 singles with his later albums, Between These Lines and Drive. 'Anyway you want me' reached number 1 on the Texas Music charts.

O2O: What is your earliest memory of performing? How old were you and to what crowd?
J.R.: 5yrs old singing gospel music with my mother we performed all over okla.in front of small and large crowds

O2O: Where do you find inspiration to write your songs?
J.R.: Most of the songs I have ,come from something that I had been thru.I find it hard to write about things I havent felt.

O2O: Do you have any rituals before a show?
J.R.: Not really,Maybe a shot of Jack Daniels Ha, Ha

O2O: How does touring/and writing affect your " normal " life....?
J.R.: I think it takes that away from me. And thats not always a good thing.

O2O: What is your most memorable show that you've performed, and why?
J.R.: Probably in France in front of 10,000 people, and some of them knew my material.

O2O: Use 3 words to describe yourself? Why did you choose these words?
J.R.: Big Hearted , sarcastic, A thinker. I have been told that alot.

O2O: Please introduce the band and tell us a bit about each and their role & personality
J.R.:
Bass guitar :Dean Crosby he is quiet always ready to help out in any way he can.
Steel Guitar. Haystack Novak A real character who I'd like to kill about half the time.
Drums :Eric Dotson High energy very funny.
Lead Guitar: Clay Shelburn He is brand new , nothing to report yet.

O2O: Do you get nervous when you're performing?
J.R.: Yes i still get a little nervous.

O2O: Which song that you've recorded is your favorite? Why? What is the
meaning behind it?
J.R.: Last Call ,I have always liked the melody.It is something I have been thru.

O2O: -"Back To Being Me" - I'm sure many of us can relate to this song...how
close is this song to you?
J.R.:. Back to being me, Is a song about being in Nashville and not fitting in very well.

O2O: What advice would you give an aspiring singer / songwriter?
J.R.:. Be who you are. dont get in a hurry trying to write a song, Think deep about each line.

O2O: What projects are you currently working on?
J.R.: Writing my next album, hope to be recording soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment