Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One2One With 'Corey Cox'.

If you haven’t heard Corey Cox, you may be in for a surprise. He might have opened for Diamond Rio and Emerson Drive, 5 years after getting his first guitar, however, don't expect this artist to be an opener for long. Corey Cox has tremendous talent and has a wonderful career ahead of him. This country singer sings with clarity and each of his songs tells a story. -With the first notes of “Your Memory finds me” the listener may think they have been transported back to the country back roads of Indiana. It took just over 5 years for him to make this journey in his career, where does he see himself in another 5 years?

"On the road and sharing my life with fans around the world through my music. When I first saw other people’s reaction to my music, I knew immediately what I wanted to do. Being able to perform and see the reaction of our fans is exactly why I chose this career."

One2One Pro Media had the opportunity to interview this young country artist over the past week and we found that he is just as devoted to his fans as he is to his music.

O2O: What book do you have on your nightstand table?
C.C.:There isn't one. Well actually, my song writing notebook. It doesn't leave my side.

O2O: How do you deal with disappointment?
C.C.:I write songs about it. For me that's a great escape and powerful way to deal with any disappointments.

O2O: What is your advice for the would be musician?
C.C.:To never stop learning and listening to music. Watch, listen and read about your favorite artists, songwriters and musicians.

O2O: What is your favorite song that you've recorded? Why?
C.C.:"Your Memory Finds Me" I wrote that song with no co-writers. I took an event in my life and turned it into a song that I feel a lot of people can relate to.

O2O: What makes a 'great' show for you?
C.C.:Energy. The more energy, the better the show!

O2O: Do songs just 'come' to you or is it a long process?
C.C.:Most of the time they just 'come' to me. I constantly make changes. However, the ideas and theory behind my music all stems from what I had on my mind that day.

O2O: Do you find that your recorded songs sound just like they did when you started them, or do they evolve?
C.C.:Both. Some songs I've recorded turn out exactly like I heard them when I wrote them. Others have been turned in a totally different direction from what I had first planned on, but I would not change one thing about any of them.

O2O: If you could perform in any city around the world, where would it be?
C.C.:I think it would be really cool to do a show somewhere in Australia.

O2O: What are you working on right now?
C.C.:Time management. Any advice?

On Corey's myspace page there is this note to all his fans
Thanks to everyone who has supported me. I am extremely excited to finally have my first CD done! I will soon be recording more so be sure to check back and we will keep you updated. We are continually making changes to the page so feel free to leave us your feedback. Don’t forget to check my show schedule and see when I will be playing near you. I urge you to come out and bring all of your friends. I promise you a good time! Keep on listening and spread the word! Thanks again and God bless.

-Corey

Corey is currently being managed by Gary Sallee and his publicist is Chris Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment